Presentation Summary: This presentation consists of how to apply Suicide Prevention
techniques through QPR (Question Persuade Refer). QPR is not intended to be a form of
counseling or treatment but is intended to offer hope through positive action. QPR is also
intended to help recognize the warning signs, clues and suicidal communications of people in
trouble and to act vigorously to prevent a possible tragedy.
1) Discuss facts concerning Suicide and Suicide Prevention
2) Recognize warning signs of those who may be thinking about Suicide
3) Give information on how to ask the Question about Suicide, Persuade them to get help
and Refer to the proper resource.
4) Resources concerning Suicide Attempters and surviving family and friends
5) Raise awareness of Suicide and dispel myths and misconceptions regarding suicide.
Training includes –
QPR introductory video
Review Common myths and misconceptions
Review Warning signs (direct verbal, indirect verbal, behavioral, and situational)
How to ask the “Suicide Question”
How to Persuade
How to Refer
Question and Answer Period